Celery velouté with poached egg recipe basket (Velouté céleri à l’œuf poché) 3-4 people
- 1kg of branch celery
- 1kg of bowl celery
- 50cl of cream
- 6 fresh eggs
- 1 bottle of cider vinegar
Ingredients to add
- Peel the bowl celery, rinse it and cut it into large cubes. Put them in a saucepan and add 1/2 l of water. Salt, bring to the boil and cook for 35 minutes.
- Reserve the tender green part of the celery branch. Chop the rest and add it to the pan 2 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Mix everything in the blender, incorporating two large spoons of cream. Reserve on very low heat.
- To pouch the eggs. Boil water 10 cm high in a frying pan with 1 tsp. of salt and 2 large spoons of cider vinegar, then lower the heat.
- Break the eggs separately in bowls and slide them one by one into the simmering water. Let them poach for 3 minutes: using two spoons, pinch the edges of the white to weld them and coat the yolk. Drain the eggs with a skimmer and immerse them in cold water to stop cooking.
- Trim the white if necessary.
- Pour the velouté into the plates, place an egg in each and sprinkle with the reserved celery leaves.
- Add pepper and serve immediately.