Lentils and rice velouté with Lamb’s lettuce and bacon recipe basket (Velouté lentilles, riz et mâche) 3-4 people
- 500g organic green lentils
- Organic basmati rice with flowers (riz basmati aux fleurs) 250g
- 250g of lamb’s lettuce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 110g Smoked bacon without rind sliced (Lard fumé sans couenne)
Ingredients to add
- chicken or vegetables broth
- Pour 1,5L of broth into a large saucepan and add 100g of lentils. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour 100g of rice and cook for 20 minutes. Add salt when cooked.
- Rinse the lamb’s lettuce, pat it dry and chop it. Peel the garlic cloves and chop them. Remove the rind from the bacon and finely chop it.
- Remove the rice and lentils from the pan and drain them. Put half the chopped lamb’s lettuce in the cooking broth then mix in the hand blender until you obtain a green and fragrant velvety texture.
- Add the rice and lentils and set aside over low heat.
- Cook the garlic and bacon in a pan in olive oil. Add pepper.
- Add the remaining lamb’s lettuce, mix quickly and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the velouté with lamb’s lettuce and bacon and serve immediately.